Sunday, January 30, 2011

And The Ice Came

So Rapid City got hit with an arctic freeze today, and when i woke up this morning i looked out my bedroom window to see all the trees covered with frost and ice. And the sky was gray with snow clouds, some of my absolute favorite weather. My trigger finger was itching all day to get out and take some photos. So finally around 4pm i got my camera, bundled up and went out and took some photos. The snow was lightly falling and there was no wind, it was just perfect conditions for taking photos. So when i was taking the photos, i wanted to capture a feeling of chilly frostiness, in the sense that everything may be covered in frost but at the same time everything is beautiful. I knew that when i was going to be editing the photos, i was going to use mainly black and white, and then add alot of contrast and add more black to the photos. I really like how these turned out! Here are a few samples but feel free to check all of them out on my fan page on facebook:
Photography by Joe


 

No comments:

Post a Comment